The CSV Action Network works in partnership with BBC local radio. Our work is based around raising awareness on major social issues, promoting volunteering and encouraging lifelong learning.
CSV has Community Outreach Managers based at BBC local radio stations across England, inspiring local people to get active in their communities. We take the time to find out their stories and help them get their message across.
The CSV Action Network can help your organisation recruit volunteers, promote your local campaign, give a local perspective to a national issue, and raise awareness of important matters. We reach around seven million listeners every year and connect thousands of local people with local community organisations.
CSV Action Network Campaigns
- If you’re passionate about your health and wellbeing, get involved in CSV Stripping It Bare. Volunteers across the nation are spreading important information about embarrassing or taboo health issues amongst vulnerable people.
- Join CSV's The Professionals and get the chance to volunteer your skills, not just your time! Everyone has something they can offer individuals and organisations, whether it is a professional skill such as bookkeeping or a creative skill such as cake baking or origami.
- Be part of our Computer Buddies project and help older people overcome the 'fear factor' associated with computers and the internet, giving them face-to-face moral support to stay online.
- To celebrate 50 years of CSV, we're working with BBC local radio to gather stories from CSV volunteers and learners from the past five decades. If you have volunteered, worked, or been trained with CSV in the past 50 years then you are part of our history and we want to hear from you!
- CSV Action Network has also been a key player in the Digital Switchover across the country, ensuring that no older or disabled people are left behind.
- We support major BBC campaigns such as First Click, A History of the World in 100 Objects, The Great British Story, Blue Peter's Big Olympic Torch Relay and many others, finding people's stories and recruiting volunteers.