The CSV Action Network works in partnership with BBC local radio. Our work raises awareness of major social issues, promotes volunteering and encourages lifelong learning. We encourage people to take action for themselves in their own communities.
CSV's Community Outreach Managers are based at BBC local radio stations across England, inspiring local people to get active in their communities. We work with community and grassroots organisations to reach people with important messages about health, volunteering, and local issues. We also ensure that their voices are heard by a wider audience through our links with the BBC.
The CSV Action Network recruits volunteers for CSV and other local organisations. We work with local organisations to help them promote their activities, such as campaigns to reduce mental health, get people to take up screening, find out about local history or offer their skills. Our outreach work reaches at least six million individuals a year and our partnership helps us reach a further seven million listeners every year.
CSV Action Network Campaigns
- If you’re passionate about your health and wellbeing, get involved in CSV Stripping It Bare. Volunteers across the nation are spreading important information about embarrassing or taboo health issues amongst vulnerable people.
- Join CSV's The Professionals and get the chance to volunteer your skills, not just your time! Everyone has something they can offer individuals and organisations, whether it is a professional skill such as bookkeeping or a creative skill such as cake baking or origami.
- Be part of our Computer Buddies project and help older people overcome the 'fear factor' associated with computers and the internet, giving them face-to-face moral support to stay online.
- We gather stories from all our CSV volunteers and some of them are broadcast on BBC local radio. Have a listen to the great work they do around the country.
- CSV's Action Network takes park in major behavioural change projects such as Digital Switchover which ensured that no older or disabled people were left behind.
- We support major BBC campaigns such as First Click digital literacy, Stargazing Live, Mr Bloom's roadshows, A History of the World in 100 Objects, The Great British Story, Blue Peter's Big Olympic Torch Relay and many others, finding people's stories and recruiting volunteers.